Two drugmakers announced Friday the resumption of U.S. testing of their COVID-19 vaccine candidates. Testing of AstraZeneca’s vaccine candidate had been halted since early September, while Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine study was paused at the beginning of last week. Each company had a study volunteer develop a serious health issue, requiring a review of safety data. The two coronavirus vaccines are among several candidates in final-stage testing, the last step before seeking regulatory approval. The drugmakers said they got the go-ahead Friday from the Food and Drug Administration to restart tests in the United States. Such temporary halts of drug and vaccine testing are relatively common: In research involving thousands of participants, some are likely to fall ill. Pausing a study allows researchers to investigate whether an illness is a side effect or a coincidence. Testing of the AstraZeneca vaccine, developed with Oxford University, has already resumed in the United Kingdom, Brazil, South Africa and Japan. “The restart of clinical trials across the world is great news as it allows us to continue our efforts to develop this vaccine to help defeat this terrible pandemic,” Pascal Soriot, AstraZeneca’s CEO, said in a statement. AstraZeneca’s study involves 30,000 people in the… Read full this story
- City of Los Angeles opens investigation into drugmaker following CNN report
- British horse racing resumes after equine flu outbreak
- Philippine measles outbreak fed by distrust of vaccines – rooted in vaccination scandal
- Childhood Disease “Outbreaks” Include Vaccinated, Unvaccinated Children – Report
- WHO issues recommendations on next season's flu vaccine composition
- Milder flu season may be due to a better flu vaccine match, report says
- NJ upends how doctors get paid, so why do vaccination, C-section rates lag?
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un hopes to resume nuclear summitry with Trump
- More snow: 2,000 cancellations since Tuesday, Detroit resumes flights
- More snow: 2,200 cancellations since Tuesday, Detroit flights resume
Two Drugmakers Resume US Tests of COVID-19 Vaccines have 304 words, post on www.voanews.com at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.