A view of HCM City. The city plans to step up efforts to facilitate foreign direct investment with priority given to high-tech projects. — Photo idj.com.vn HCM CITY — HCM City will step up efforts to attract foreign direct investment by focusing on infrastructure and administrative procedures, with priority given to high-tech projects, a top city official has said. Lê Thanh Liêm, standing vice chairman of the People’s Committee, said priority would be given to foreign investors in technology who have innovative and advanced management capabilities. Việt Nam, especially HCM City, remains appealing to foreign investors who are continuing to make a beeline to the southern economic hub despite the Covid-19 pandemic. Hứa Quốc Hưng, head of the HCM City Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority (Hepza), said Việt Nam has done a good job in containing the outbreak, which has persuaded investors to move their production from abroad to the city, contributing to boosting production, creating more jobs, especially in the services, footwear, leather and textiles and garment industries. The city is expected to receive a wave of investments post-pandemic when American, European and Japanese investors move their production lines to Việt Nam. Experts said to welcome them,… Read full this story
- HCM City to host largest int’l Photo & Imaging Show 2015
- Decision taken on plans for 3 street cafes across city centre
- EY: Ireland delivers 'Brexit-bucking performance' on FDI
- Irish FDI soars 52pc as UK and Europe stall
- Awards celebrate the explosive growth in Irish technology
- Irish fintech sector finds its Swede spot
- Brexit chaos holding back UK tech sector: London mayor
- Reading named as one of the UK's top digital tech 'cities'
- City College Plymouth to become £2m robot ship technology centre
- Deliveroo to open base in Scotland
HCM City to focus on attracting FDI into technology-based sectors have 290 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 9, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.