California has become the first U.S state to post more than 3 million total coronavirus cases. As of Tuesday, the western state, home to 40 million residents, has 3,015,644 confirmed infections, including 33,724 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center. According to the Associated Press, it took California 292 days from the first confirmed infection on January 25 to November 11 of last year to reach 1 million infections. The state has since undergone a dramatic surge of new infections that has pushed health care systems to the verge of collapse, recording 2 million cases by Christmas Eve — a space of 44 days — and reaching the 3 million mark in less than 30 days. The grim milestone comes as California’s mass vaccination efforts have hit a major roadblock. The state’s epidemiologist Sunday recommended that providers stop using a batch of the Moderna vaccine after some recipients had to seek treatment for possible severe allergic reactions. The incoming administration of U.S. President-elect Joe Biden will reverse a decision by President Donald Trump to lift coronavirus-related travel bans on most non-U.S. citizens arriving from much of Europe and Brazil, beginning January 26. “This action is… Read full this story
- Ask The Salty Waitress: Should I tip on the pre- or post-tax total?
- California police draw attention to cold case with Twitter updates
- 10 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, July 13-19
- Shriram Transport Finance posts sharpest fall in 19-months; stock tanks 18%
- Two California families awarded $253 million in lawsuit against dialysis corporation
- Global News Investigates: Almost half of Edmonton criminal cases ultimately withdrawn
- Post Malone’s ‘Hollywood’s Bleeding’ Scores a Third Straight Week at No. 1
- California, long a holdout, adopts mass immigration hearings to cope with Trump’s ‘zero tolerance’ policy
- Supreme Court fight could spotlight California governor candidate’s anti-abortion stance
- Trump Defends Plan to Kill California’s Auto-Emissions Authority
California First in US to Post More than 3 Million Total COVID-19 Cases have 301 words, post on www.voanews.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.