Writer-director Ryan Coogler is making a new Marvel TV show for Disney Plus that will be set in the Kingdom of Wakanda as part of a five-year TV exclusivity deal with Coogler’s production banner, Proximity Media (which includes principals Zinzi Coogler, Sev Ohanian, Ludwig Göransson, Archie Davis, and Peter Nicks alongside Coogler himself). Coogler — who directed and co-wrote Black Panther, and is set to write and direct a sequel Black Panther II for release on July 8th, 2022 — will develop the new Wakanda Disney Plus series as his first project under the new deal, Deadline reports. The deal with Proximity Media also includes the option to create shows for other parts of the Disney banner, not just Marvel Studios. According to Coogler, “We’re already in the mix on some projects that we can’t wait to share.” There’s little information on the new Wakanda show itself, but presumably the show will continue to build on the foundation that Coogler has set with both Black Panther and the upcoming sequel. Whenever it does arrive, though, Coogler’s Wakanda series will mark the latest in an almost dizzying number of TV shows that are planned for Disney Plus. The streaming service has… Read full this story
- 8 Very Black Reasons to Check Out
- Tim Burton - Director
- Female Marvel superheroes who deserve their own shows: Valkyrie, A-Force and more
- Marvel women tell Kevin Feige they want an all-female superhero MCU movie
- All the Glorious New
- Kevin Feige takes over as Marvel chief creative officer -- now what?
- Doctor Strange 2: Release date, cast and everything we know
- The People and Things We'll Actually Miss From 2017
- Orlando - More Than Just Mickey Mouse & Sunshine
- A New Magazine Feature Gives Us Our Best Look Yet at the Knights of Ren
Disney Plus is getting a Wakanda show from the director of Black Panther have 291 words, post on www.theverge.com at February 1, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.