Newly-elected Vietnamese leaders. Photo: VNA Ivo Sieber – Swiss Ambassador to Vietnam Vietnam's remarkable progress combined with Switzerland's long-term engagement has resulted in a partnership that makes me proud to look back on. Vietnamese-Swiss relations have developed strongly over the past 50 years. Over the past three decades, cooperation extended dynamically beyond the political and the multilateral sphere to technical and economic cooperation, trade and investment, and more. At the same time, trade and investment flows have steadily increased. Today Vietnam is the only ASEAN country with a positive balance of trade in goods with Switzerland. Effective last year, Swiss direct investment in Vietnam amounted to more than $1.72 billion, and in excess of 100 Swiss companies are active here. Despite the constraints of the pandemic, we have a series of activities planned. Fortunately, the Vietnamese government's exceptional management of the pandemic offers us many possibilities. If the travel situation permits, we hope to undertake a high-level political visit to Vietnam this year to underscore and strengthen our excellent relations. Marko Walde – Chief representative, Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam With a trade volume of almost $16.6 billion in 2020, triple the figure of 2011, Germany is… Read full this story
- Vietnam's aviation market attracts private firms
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- US deals power up trade for balancing out deficit
- Mexico ratifies modified N. American trade deal
- Vietnamese beverage giant nourished by founder’s timeless vision
- I'm NOT dropping out of 2020 race says Cory Booker after failing to make the stage in next Democratic debate
- FLC to spend 3 billion USD on buying 24 Airbus planes
- Young people flock to unique bamboo forest in Quang Nam
- Trump Escalates Trade War. How’s It Impacting Apple?
- 'My face was on fire': Incredible video emerges of test pilot Chuck Yeager ejecting from space modified fighter jet after losing control at 100,000ft as the 96-year-old talks about the bid to beat Soviet altitude record in 1963
Expectations for Vietnam’s new path have 314 words, post on vir.com.vn at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.