Vietnamese businesses look to further optimise opportunities from CPTPP After two years of implementing the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), the use of the deal to generate benefits for the economy and businesses has remained modest, according to insiders. Among 14 free trade agreements (FTAs) Vietnam has signed, the CPTPP is a new generation FTA with high standards and the highest level of facilitation. Vietnam has been forecast to be one of the members that benefits the most from the deal. However, the country has experienced challenges in optimising the FTA because of its modest level of development and competitiveness. Due to US-China trade tensions and the impact of COVID-19, the global economy fell into crisis last year with interrupted supply chains. Vietnam also suffered an economic downturn. Therefore, after two years of implementation, the benefits from the CPTPP are still to be seen. Vu Tien Loc, President of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), said that positive results in the two years of implementation include the reform of institutions and administrative procedures. Explaining the modest benefits so far, Loc said major reasons include the poor competitiveness of Vietnamese enterprises, market instability, and the low… Read full this story
- Vietnam president chairs meeting to punish deputy PM for violations in SOE privatization
- Reference exchange rate opens week down
- Vietnamese woman claims 15-year-old brother is the 'youngest victim' of migrant truck tragedy and died in 'bid to be reuninted with his parents who are both illegally living in Britain'
- Belgian prosecutor claims people smugglers told port officials that lorry container where 39 migrants died was full of cookies and biscuits
- Vietnam prepares to reap benefits of US-China trade war
- Vietnamese authorities send Essex Police list of 14 people who are feared to be among 39 dead in migrant truck tragedy - after 28 families from rural provinces come forward
- Hunt for Vietnamese gang lord behind Essex migrant tragedy: Police identify millionaire people-smuggler boss 'Mr Truong' after his thugs threaten victims' families for speaking out'
- 'We're not electing a planner': Joe Biden snipes at Elizabeth Warren's 'I have a plan for that' campaign as she overtakes him in Democratic primary polls
- The unlikely story of the meteorite feud that ended up a fugitive from the law
- Facebook’s pivot to privacy has huge implications — if it’s real
VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 19 have 377 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.