Brexit: Barnier says things will be ‘more difficult’ for UK Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top politics stories again SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info And the bloc's former chief Brexit negotiator accused Britain of "putting up barriers", while appearing to suggest it would be "screwed" outside the single market. Mr Barnier , who is widely tipped to be considering a tilt at the French Presidency next year, made his controversial remarks during an appearance on Figaro Live yesterday during which he discussed the implications of Britain leaving the EU . Related articles Brexit LIVE: SNP loses to Boris with sensational bid to change UK rule Brexit trade boom created since Britain’s EU split – Data shows shift Asked about the possibility of the UK's economy collapsing after Brexit, Mr Barnier said: "I don't want that and I don't think it will happen because it's a great nation. "But they left the single market, without having fully understood all… Read full this story
- Barnier Warns UK Must Stick by EU Regulations to Get a Post-Brexit Deal
- Michel Barnier warns UK must stick to EU rules after Brexit to get trade deal
- Boris Johnson warns migrants trying to cross the Channel in boats: we will send you back
- Dominic Raab accused of 'misleading public' over claim of no-deal Brexit warning
- Boris Johnson clinched his Brexit deal by calling the bluff of EU chiefs
- Bullying EU bosses threaten to cut off Ireland if it doesn’t put up hard border after Brexit
- Tony Blair warns Boris Johnson: Prepare "to make a lot of concessions to Europe"
- Boris Johnson urges Brits to abandon ‘the old labels’ of Leave and Remain after MPs vote for his Brexit Bill
- With a 'radical' agenda, Johnson sets sights on quick Brexit
- How many children does Boris Johnson have and what are their names?
‘Screwed!’ Barnier taunts Boris over Brexit - and warns UK: ‘You’re on your own’ have 354 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 8, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.