BERLIN — The 96-year-old woman, a former secretary in a concentration camp, was supposed to appear in court to face charges of being an accessory in the deaths of more than 11,000 people, in what may be one of the last Nazi trials in Germany. But instead of taking a taxi from her assisted living home outside Hamburg to the nearby court, Irmgard Furchner, who was 18 when she started work in 1943 at the Stutthof concentration camp in Poland, headed instead for a nearby subway station, according to the court. It was not immediately clear where Ms. Furchner, who had previously told journalists and the judge she didn't want to be part of the trial, was heading, but she was soon apprehended by the police after the court reported her missing. The court, in the town of Itzehoe, said she was undergoing a medical investigation. Ms. Furchner was indicted in February after a five-year investigation into her work as a secretary to the commander of the Stutthof camp, located near Gdansk, then known as Danzig, between June 1943 and April 1945. The indictment was part of an effort by German prosecutors over the past decade to hold lower-ranking people… Read full this story
- Police arrest 63 year old man for defiling two year-old girl
- Keon Lincoln: Police arrest 21-year-old man and boy, 15, over death of teenager
- German Prosecutors Charge 95-Year-Old Ex-Nazi Camp Secretary Accomplice With Over 10,000 Murders
- Beyoncé's 34-year-old rapper cousin is shot dead in his apartment as police hunt a 21-year-old female suspect who was also implicated in the killing of her boyfriend in 2019
- Police parade 80 year old suspected child trafficker, illegal arms dealers in C’River
- Police Arrest Teen Suspected Of Murdering Brother’s Girlfriend
- True-crime series details twisted tale of man who brutally murdered an 18-year-old mother then plotted to fake his own death to escape arrest after police exhumed her body
- Tik Tok video shows moment twerking 16-year-old girl was startled by someone walking into her Atlanta hotel room SECONDS before she was shot dead
- Married teacher, 35, is found guilty of having outdoor sex with her 15-year-old pupil after adding him on Snapchat and sending him flirty messages - as husband holds her hand and brands verdict a 'joke'
- VIDEO: Suspect Arrested in Fatal Attack on 84-Year-Old San Francisco Man
German Police Arrest 96-Year-Old Nazi Suspect Who Tried to Skip Court have 373 words, post on www.nytimes.com at September 30, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.