The delta variant is still the overwhelmingly dominant coronavirus strain in California and the U.S., but one of its descendants, known as AY.4.2, is starting to gain traction overseas. Resources on COVID-19 and California's reopening: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check The Chronicle's Coronavirus Tracker . To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter . Latest updates: White House releases plans to get kids 5-11 vaccinated, pending approvals: Ahead of an expected authorization of COVID-19 vaccines for younger children, the White House on Wednesday released plans that would allow kids aged 5 to 11 years old to get shots in their pediatrician's office, pharmacies and perhaps their schools, the Associated Press reported. More Muni operators are vaccinated, but riders should brace for 'unexpected gaps in service': With two weeks left before the city's employee mandate goes into effect, more frontline workers at the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency have rushed to get vaccinated. But what happens if the transit agency is forced to fire more than 100 transit operators who've not yet complied with the city's vaccination order? Read the full story here. Where the Bay Area stands apart on the… Read full this story
- Newly released emails provide greater details in White House pause of Ukraine aid
- White House officials defy subpoenas to testify in impeachment inquiry as investigators release transcripts
- Chris Christie: Keep the White House out of the cafeteria
- US soccer star Megan Rapinoe preemptively declines White House invite: 'I have no interest'
- US election: How Donald Trump won the White House
- Chief Of Staff John Kelly Is Leaving The White House, Trump Says
- Exclusive: Controversial mining company coached Alaska's governor to lobby White House
- Trump impeachment: White House withheld Ukraine aid just after Zelensky call
- Trump impeachment: White House officials tried to freeze Ukraine aid after Trump call
- White House opens door to new rules to cut methane emissions
COVID in California: White House releases plans for getting kids 5-11 vaccinated have 323 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.